Thursday 3 March 2011

Branding Essay- Self Reflection

I enjoyed this module as it was a break from the creative modules, although i did enjoy them also. I am more confident with writing essays as i have had alot more practice doing essay with doing A Levels last year. I believe that my time management has improved because i have felt rushed in previous modules, but this has also made me feel that maybe it was not my time management that has stressed me but because i am not yet confident with my work in terms of presentation, e.g drawing and computer skills.

I am confident with my essay as i have went in to detail and looked in to the brand as how it is conveying certain messages and why. I have always backed up my points of analysis.

I did not enjoy the Harvard Referencing as i could not get to grips with the strict process of how to properly reference. I was not worried about my work in terms of it being put through the plagiarism system but i was worried about how i did reference. Taking my reference sheet to Richard in the library made me feel more confident about how to reference properly.

From learning about Harvard Referencing i realized i should have used different forms of resources for research instead of just using the internet. This could have introduced me to information i may not have found over the computer or would have struggled too.

I realized that i should have tried to have added more information about the history of branding. But because i looked so throughly on the messages the brand were conveying, how and why, i found 3,000 words was not enough for me as i had to cut down on my words despite not using books and not mentioning alot of the history.

No comments:

Post a Comment