Tuesday 1 March 2011

Smart Targets

Target 1.

To improve my Photoshop and Illustrator skills on Adobe. To have a better knowledge of the tools Illustrator and Photoshop have and how to use them to my full advantage.

Hopefully they will have been improved before my next task using Photoshop or Illustrator. If this task is completed my quality of work will be to a more professional standard. This will be shown through my feedback and marks received for my work.

This task is achievable if i listen during my IT lessons and practice the tools i have been taught as well as exploring the tools individually.

It is realistic as the Macs at college have Illustrator and Photoshop on them. You can buy the applications, however, i have no yet. It can be achieved if i put time aside to practise the tools. It is, however, a log journey through to College during the holidays and i may not have the money to travel through so i will have to make time during College hours.

I should take time out during my free time to practise Illustrator and Photoshop. This will be an hour a week.


Target 2.

To improve my time management to ensure that i hit my deadlines on time and i am not rushing through to finish pieces off.

I will know this will have been achieved if i have hit my deadlines and i have not stressed over rushing them. I will be more confident with my work as i have been able to set a reasonable amount of time for each part of the module, time for each task. My attendance records will show if i have been attending lessons that i devote my work too.

The goals are achievable if i sit down and write down what i have done each day. To know my priorities and what needs to be completed and when. Also i will need to write down what i am to do and when.

It is realistic if i plan what to do in a dairy or white board and wipe off the task when it has been completed.

This shall be monitored throughout and i could ask for attendance records.


Target 3.

To improve my confidence during presentations and improve my presentation skills. For example, to speak more clearly so i am understood better. Also to create effective slides. Both of these will allow me to show my ideas more clearly and sell my idea better.

I will know it will have been achieved if my tutor and class feedback given is positive and i have been understood. Maybe asking questions at the end of a presentation to see if my message has been effectively put across. Also if i feel my confident at the end of a presentation i will know that it was to a good standard.

It can be achieved if i take note of the constructive criticism given and practice my presentations before presenting them to the class or any other audience i may have to present too. Also researching the topic of my presentation will help me be more confident with my presentation as i will have a confident understanding of what i am talking about to the audience.

It is realistic if i practice my presentations in front of others before the class. We regularly do presentations  in class therefore i will have plenty of reasons to practice. It is also realistic if i put time aside to practice. There is also books and information on the internet to help with improving the skills needed.

I shall practice before each presentation and hopefully i will gain more positive feedback than negative the more i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment