Tuesday 1 March 2011

SWOT based on course so far

Strengths- I believe so far my strength has been presenting ideas to the class. I have been confident when presenting and always tried to appear enthusiastic about my topic. I like presenting because i like communicating and i am not scared about being in front of audiences. I do not fear making a fool of myself although during the last presentation i did become self conscious when people began to laugh when i was starting presentation. I have had a lot of positive feedback for my presentations and little negative. I have been told i am confident, i project my voice well and sell my product. I have also been told i move well and make good eye contact with my audience. My slides are bullet pointed well and not too busy so that the focus is remained on me and what i am saying, and the visual images are just something to prompt me and for something for the audience to glance at.

Weaknesses- I believe my weaknesses are my computer skills for photoshop and Illustrator. I am still struggling using the tools effectively and i become rather stressed and frustrated during the IT sessions, yet i still attend them knowing i wont improve if i do not attend. Poor Photoshop and Illustrator skills will hold me back from creating effective and professional looking adverts.

O- Giving good, strong presentations will allow me to communicate my idea well and convince people to agree with my advert concept. It also gives me confidence that i can carry with me when im doing work. This also gives me the opportunity to grow in confidence and improve my skills further for when i hopefully present to future potential clients. Now i know that i am poor with these skills i can begin to improve them doing tutorials online.

T- My poor graphics skills could stop me creating professional looking work which would hold me back when competeting for positions with those with these skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment